DWARF ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
|The Dwarf Athletic Association of Canada is committed to providing athletic competition, guidance, support, and information to people of short stature and to their families.|
The Dwarf Athletic Association of Canada purpose is to:
To receive and administer funds for the following reasons:
- To receive and administer funds and to operate exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes as addressed in the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Not-for-Profit Corporations Act.
- To acquire, own, dispose of and deal with real and personal property and interests therein and to apply gifts, grants, bequests and devises and the proceeds thereof in furtherance of the purposes of the Corporation.
- To do such things and to perform such acts to accomplish its purposes as the Board of Directors may determine to be appropriate and fitting as per The Canada Revenue Agency and Income Tax Act, with all the power conferred on nonprofit corporations individually by the 10 provinces and 3 territories.
- To encourage people with dwarfism to participate in sports regardless of their level of skills.
- To develop, promote and provide quality amateur level athletic opportunities for dwarf athletes in the Canada espousing DAAC core values:
- Eye to Eye Competition
- Level Playing Field
- Opportunities for all
- to encourage gifts and fundraising to promote athletic events for people of short stature;
- to cooperate with other public or private groups or agencies to promote such events;
- to perform any other activity consistent with and in pursuit of the Corporation’s charitable, religious and educational purposes and as permitted by a corporation exempt from Federal income tax under the Canada Income Tax Act. As a registered charity that has gone through an approval process with the Ministry of National Revenue; the Corporation may issue tax receipts to donors and are exempt from paying income tax.
Adopted May 5, 2012